DELIVERING THE DIFFERENCE
Meals on Wheels was established to help the elderly and vulnerable in our community. The service is available to people in the community who are unable due to age, Illness or disability to cook their own meals. We operate a referral system where social workers, community and practice nurses, GP’s, Garda, SVP or other community groups can refer a person for our service.
Midleton Meals on wheels (MOW) deliveries two course hot meals every Wednesday and Saturday contactless, 52 weeks of the year. We also include treats currently confectionery from DEALZ on a Wednesday and Fresh Breads and cakes from Tesco on a Saturday.
We also sent out additionally surprises on an ad hock basis, e.g. Christmas Hampers, puzzles, colouring books, reading books of choice, wool and we also receive donations from the community and businesses of home baking, ready made meals etc.
We have three delivery runs:
1) Cork Road / Mill Road – starts at hall – goes by main street / Cork Road / Banashane / Gortacrue / Waterrock / Elsinore / Mill Road.
2) St Mary’s Road / Ballinacurra – starts at hall – goes by Beachwood / Oatwood / St Mary’s Rd /Castleredmond / Ballinacurra / Innygragh / Ballick Rd.
3) Aghada – starts at hall – Cloyne / Whitegate / Roches Point / Saleen / Aghada / East Ferry.
If your location is not on a run you or a neighour can also collect directly from the Hall at a assigned time. We require that Clients be at home to receive their delivery or make alternative arrangements if they are away. Have the ability to reheat meals. Make a donation of €10.00 on a Saturday notes only no coin – exact amount as change cannot be given (due to Covid). Advise of any change to delivery.
- We provide the service every Wednesday and Saturday
- Kitchen -generally start around 8.30 to 12 noon –helping prepare meals.
- Delivering the meals – own vehicle required – generally 11.00am to 1.00pm – local area.
- One day every four weeks either a Wednesday or Saturday.
- By running a fundraising event, getting your employer / Club make a donation or run an event on behalf of Meals on Wheels.
Contact any of the committee:
John Rose 086-8501686
Liz Murphy 087-7684486
Teresa Reynolds 087-2542231
Monica Doyle 087-6376324